Things To Know About Carbon Monoxide in Your Home

May 14, 2020

Carbon monoxide is a dangerous gas that has no color or odor. There is no way for you to tell it is in your home in Cheyenne, WY, unless you have a carbon monoxide detector. Exposure to carbon monoxide can quickly cause serious health effects, and prolonged exposure to carbon monoxide could be deadly. Understanding how carbon monoxide can get into your home in Cheyenne and recognizing the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning allow you to take prompt actions to protect your health. How Carbon Monoxide Gets Into Your Home Carbon monoxide gets into your home if fuel isn’t fully burned. A faulty furnace, an oven or a water heater could cause it. Carbon monoxide is also in the exhaust of diesel, propane and gasoline engines as well as that of gas and charcoal grills. Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include: Headache Fatigue Nausea Loss of balance Memory and vision problems Unconsciousness Pregnant women, babies and the elderly are more susceptible to carbon monoxide poisoning. If more than one person in your home has more than one of these symptoms, seek medical care. Pets can also be affected by carbon monoxide poisoning. If your pet...

View Article

Read More